I am glad that you have found my blog and I hope you will take few minutes to explore.
Please leave a comment if you can. I love reading your messages, they brighten up my day :-)
I like to answer you all, but if you are "noreply-comment" blogger (if your email address is not linked to your profile), I will not be able to answer you, unless you leave your email address with your comment.
Welcome!



Saturday, 8 April 2017

FNwF - Calling All Birds



Friday Night with Friends


Firstly - thank you to Cheryll for letting us use her blog again to meet and stitch last night.
I will make the rounds later to see what everyone was up to.







I have been enjoying making Quilters Patch blocks, but I must admit that I am missing applique.
So, last night I started a new project, to run along side the Quilters Patch Quilt.
The forecast for the weekend was really good and I wanted to have something ready to stitch outside.





"Calling All Birds" is a quilt from the latest issue of Quiltmania Simply Moderne magazine; it got my attention the minute I open it.














That's what I was doing last night. Out came my collection of bright fabrics,


and I prepared the first block.


Today was a glorious day right from the start and up to dizzy heights of 19 - 20 C by midday; 
we even had our breakfast outside, first this year!
I took my block into the garden and stitched the prepared applique pieces.


We are expecting another great day tomorrow, so hopefully more stitching and even BBQ!

I hope you too are having a great weekend!

©pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2017

15 comments:

Helen said...

Lots of lovely bright fabrics to play with for your new project your first block is looking great.

Vera Holmgren said...

Sounds lovely with breakfast in the garden, we have about +5 C.

The Sloan Patch said...

Hi Radka, it's lovely that you get to enjoy the weather and stitch at the same time...your brights are beautiful x

Pamela said...

Great fabrics! How nice to be able to spend your time outdoors.

Maria said...

What a gorgeous pattern and I love all the bright fabrics for it, lovely first block...

Janet said...

We are having lovely spring weather in my neck of the woods too! Very interesting block!!

I am said...

wow such beautiful work Radka.

margaret said...

this looks a very interesting project you are working on.

Enjoying the weather here too, lots of curtains washed yesterday and dried.
Enjoy your barbeque

Bizarre Quilter said...

Ooh! What a smashing start! I would love to see the picture in the magazine of the project that took your eye.

O meu pensamento viaja said...

Hi! Dear Radka!
It sounds great to have breakfast outside enjoying the sunshine. Here we have had 22 degrees what is great. I wish you a great sunday sewing those lovely fabrics.
Lots of hugs
Nina

Die Nähmeise said...

What a beautiful new project, I look forward to more pictures. Breakfast in the garden, wonderful, unfortunately it is still too cold for it.
Have a great week, Carmen

Rachaeldaisy said...

Your new project is pretty already!! Simply Moderne always has inspiring projects!!

méri said...

Another bright beautiful quilting.
Wishing you and your family a great Easter.
Going to countryside tomorrow...

Lin said...

Lovely bright block Radka for a bright day. Sadly not so good today but hope you got your bbq. xx

Raewyn said...

This looks like a lovely fresh project to start - perfect for spring. Lovely to see you enjoying the spring weather - we are enjoying the coolness of autumn here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© http://pleasureinstitching.blogspot.co.uk 2010-2017